Includes both the Book and the DVD
This is the practical handbook that every mother needs when preparing for a new baby. Broken down into easy-to-follow timeframes from preparing for arrival and birth right through to 12 months, you’ll quickly find answers to everything you need to know. Find out all about:
- your baby’s basic needs and development
- common problems and solutions
- techniques for breast feeding AND bottle feeding (expressed milk and formula)
- crying and settling, plus dealing with colic
- Sharlene’s technique to bring up wind
- sleeping patterns and suggested routines
- developmental play
For years, Sharlene has been helping new parents. Now Baby Whispering will give you the same skills, confidence and information which you can personalise to suit you and your baby.
In this 78-minute DVD, Sharlene Poole, a qualified post-natal advisor with over 10 years experience in newborn care and support, shares her knowledge and expertise with newborn babies to help parents demystify the first precious weeks of their new baby’s life.
Using clear visual demonstrations and simple explanations, Sharlene gives parents the skills and confidence to lay the foundations for a settled and contented baby.
Sharlene’s techniques cover:
- Feeding – Discover effective breast feeding positions & latching tips
- Burping – Learn how bringing up wind is the key to a calm baby
- Sleeping -Practise swaddling & alternative sleeping positions
- Settling – Understand your baby’s cries and how best to respond
Coming home – the first 24 hours, bathing demonstrations, changing tips, activities and play suggestions, clothing and equipment lists… and much more.